Topped with all or any of your favorite fruits, this classic with a new probiotic spins will be sure you have your friends and family coming back for seconds!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
12 ounces gingersnap crumbs, about 2 1/4 cups (about 40 cookies)
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup plain Latta kefir
2/3 cup sugar; more for the pan
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup minced candied (crystallized) ginger
1 pound mascarpone
1/3 cup heavy cream
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray or grease it lightly.
- Dust with a little sugar and knock out any excess.
- Rub the gingersnap crumbs and butter together with your fingertips to combine.
- Sprinkle half over the bottom of the pan and pat down evenly; reserve the rest.
- With an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, plain Latta kefir, sugar, vanilla extract, and candied ginger until smooth.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and cream and whip until the mixture is thoroughly combined and just holds peaks.
- Carefully spoon half of the mascarpone cream over the crust, spreading it evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining crumbs over the mascarpone cream in the pan.
- Top with remaining mascarpone cream and finish with the remaining crumbs.
- Gently tap the pan on the counter to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.